DreamMaker understands the importance of protecting the privacy of its website users. The information collected is used to market and improve the services we offer, to improve the website content, and to contact you with updates to the website or for other marketing purposes.
Users are free to explore the website without providing any Personal Information about themselves, although DreamMaker requests that you provide certain Personal Information and we may collect Navigational Information when you visit our website.
What information does DreamMaker capture about visitors to its website?
Our web server uses an extended log file format which automatically captures information about your computer hardware and software, including the following data that we refer to as “Navigational Information”: date and time of visit, referring address (location from which a visitor comes to this website), geographic location, type of Internet browser, internet service provider, operating system, length of visit and pages viewed, clickstream data, and visitor’s IP address. (Each computer that connects to the Internet is assigned a unique number, an IP address, for identification purposes). The log file does not capture a visitor’s email address. We use the Navigational Information to operate and improve the website and we may use it alone or along with any provided Personal Information to provide you with personalized information about DreamMaker. This information is also used to provide general statistics regarding the use of the DreamMaker websites.
Does DreamMaker ask for Personal Information?
Several areas of this website may ask for you to voluntarily submit to us certain Personal Information. This includes contact information, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, zip code, DreamMaker’s services in which you are interested, and any other information you choose to provide in a comments box. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the websites, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers. Personal Information also includes Navigational Information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual. This information is collected to help us further develop our services, to provide you access to valuable DreamMaker Internet-based information and services.
Does DreamMaker collect information about children?
The website is not directed at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use the website or provide any Personal Information to us. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. If you believe we may have any information about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we may delete the information.
Does DreamMaker share my information?
We may disclose personally identifying information (“PII”), including Navigational Information and Personal Information, about you:
- With our service providers: We contract with companies who help with parts of our business operations, and/or provide services to visitors of the website and customers. We may need to share your information with them to provide information or services to you. Examples of this include analyzing data or performing statistical analysis, supplementing the information you provide in order to provide you with better service, and providing customer service and support. We require that our service providers only use your PII in connection with the services they perform for us and adhere to our privacy and customer data handling policies.
- With service providers to our Advertisers: Our Advertisers may contract with companies who handle data (such as Advertisers’ customer lists) for them. These Advertisers may use the PII to provide you with marketing content that may be relevant to you.
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of DreamMaker, our Advertisers or any other third party; or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, disposition, or otherwise, we may disclose your PII in connection with the sale.
We also share technical data that we collect about your browsing habits and your device (such as data relating to our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising ecosystem. This enables them and us to better target ads to you. We also may disclose PII for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or otherwise with your consent, to the parties that you authorize.
Finally, we may disclose aggregated, anonymized information to our Advertisers and other third parties.
How does DreamMaker use the information?
Can I update my information?
You may send us an email to email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
How does DreamMaker keep my information secure?
We are dedicated to protecting user information and have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss or unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during the transmission of the information and after we receive it. We will retain your information for as long as we deem necessary to provide you service or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining security, and maintaining business records. We ask that you limit access to your computer and log out after using the website.
Unfortunately, security measures and the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through the website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk and we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy setting or security measure we provide.
What about social media and other links on the website?
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a series of data characters that, when programmed into a website, is placed by the web server into the browser’s application folder on your computer. Once placed onto your machine, the cookie will allow the website to “recognize” you as a unique individual and identify repeat visitors to the website. Cookies can also allow DreamMaker to track and target the interests of users to enhance their experience on the website. Some features of the website may use locally stored objects or Flash cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the website. For example, to recognize your device when you return to the website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as browser cookies.
Can cookies be removed from my hard drive?
Yes, cookies can be removed from your hard drive. Also, depending on what type of web browser and what browser version you are using, you may be able to change the properties on your cookie file so that cookies are not used or saved. Please check with your browser provider for more information on removing cookies.
Can I opt out from receiving further communication?
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us: You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads we serve. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from us or other companies: You may use the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt out tool at https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from NAI approved member companies.
You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services by visiting the DAA website at https://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and Your Online Choices website at https://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE/YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents who use the website may request that we provide certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can make such a request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen of Greater Grand Rapids
4658 West River Dr. NE Comstock Park, MI 49321